06 April 2007

Thursday Night Debauchery (Minus the Promiscuity)

I've decided, before the fish get too big, that I should publish my recollection of the events of last night so as to ensure I'm not accused of ever having actually donned bicycle shorts and a muscle shirt while singing Shake Your Bon Bon with friends at La Cantina. So here is the night, as I recall it:

I started by going with some friends to watch the Sarnia Blast get embarrassed by the Strathroy Rockets in game six of the league championships. The final score was 9-7, which isn't a massive defeat, especially considering the Rockets' ninth goal was an empty-netter, but allowing nine goals, regardless of how many you've scored, is embarrassing (or should be). Basically, the defense played more like pylons while the coach refused to pull the starting goalie until he allowed the eighth Strathroy goal. What a debacle.

From the game, we went to La Cantina where I would proceed to embarrass the hell out of myself (and probably those forced to be seen with me). I think it all started out modest enough: a few drinks, a few games of pool, and a bevy of friends together for some therapeutic release. Then things started to get interesting. My "friends" (whom I shall later thank for a wonderful evening) decided to submit my name to the friendly karaoke DJ who soon after called me up to sing Ricky Martin's Shake Your Bon Bon. Apparently, it was my birthday last night, so, as is tradition at La Cantina, I was asked to bend over while my friends slapped my skinny ass 25 times in celebration.
I want to take a moment here to thank my new not-best-friend Kyle for finding a binder with which to strike me. Ass. Anyway, due to this flogging, I was physically unable to shake my bon bon, so I remained largly still while belting out the most excruciatingly awful rendition of the aforementioned Ricky Martin hit (notice the absence of bicycle shorts and muscle shirt). I want to thank Steph and Jodi, who helped out with the choruses, and Cindy for laughing hysterically off stage.



Once this calamity was mercifully over, we soon headed over the The Lazy Duck. The Duck is a popular dance club in Sarnia and it seems, at least last night, I was right at home. According to Erin (not Beener, she bailed early), I was "dancing...a lot." Though, as you can see, not well.
So that was the night. Nothing really all that bad I guess, just a lot of good, clean, alcohol-inspired fun.

If I should apologize to anyone, I do (I'm specifically thinking about how I got caught, on camera, making sure Cindy's shirt was...lint-free). I'm not going to include that picture, sorry.

Thanks to all my friends who made this a fun night: Kyle, Sarah, JR, Erin, Amanda, Amanda, Chris, Cindy, Jodi, Brook, Steph, Craig, Beener, Corey, Dusty, Jordan, and anyone else I drank from my memory. As an aside, I think this was the first time I ever saw Dusty at a bar and was more intoxicated than him.

Last night was a very interesting night. I trust I entertained a number of friends, and if I managed to do that I suppose it was all worth it.

Enjoy your Easter weekend. Or, if you don't believe in the Resurrection of Jesus, enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I have just completed printing a copy of this blog posting, including the photos.

    I will be sure to save this in my 'vault' should the ocassion (i.e. a federal general election, leadership contest, etc) ever present itself.

    Sounds like you had a good time debauchering yourself during Holy Week. Don't worry, though. I had pepperoni yesterday, so I'm also probably going to hell.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete