02 April 2007

Something About Iraq that Didn't Seem Old to Me

You may have noticed that I haven't posted anything about Iraq in a long time. In fact, I believe I've only ever posted on the topic once since Kerr's Comments started a couple months ago. Iraq is all over the news, it's reported everyday, ad nauseam, so I steer clear and try to give a voice to other issues. Well, I've decided to make an exception. I was reading an article in Time magazine entitled The War Turns 4. Here's the quote that caught my eye:

An Iraqi mother hopes her children will be safe - but then she learns that bombers are placing children visibly in the backseat, as unwitting little decoys, so the car can clear the checkpoints before the driver blows it up, with the children still inside.

I don't think this needs analysis. Fucking evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment